I’m a big fella and I like big guns

Any general handgun chat forum.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
ARMARIN

Journeyman (Level II)
Gun: Colt detective speci
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by ARMARIN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:41 am

Hey gang, I’d like your input. Now that wintertime is upon us, I’m looking to add a new, updated, full-size to replace my summer mouse gun (a Sig 938). I’m a big fella and I like big guns, and now with the weather I can wear big clothes to hide it. I’m not crazy about striker fired guns for concealed carry- just my preference. I’m considering a light weight, high capacity, DA/SA, weapon with a manual safety and this Beretta Px4 in 9mm is at the top of my list. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

IF YOU SHOOT IN THE DARK USE A MACHINE GUN
Read ==>

jimg11

Master (Level II)
Likes given: 45
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by jimg11 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi ARMARIN,
While I really prefer Revolvers for shooting but prefer the DA/SA Autos for concealed carry. In the 1970s I carried a S&W 39-2 for concealed carry and Police Duty. A new Chief decided we all needed to have a modern DA Revolver 4-6" Barrel and 357 or 38 Special but he issued 18 rounds of 38 Special that we had to carry in our Revolvers while on duty. We had to buy our own revolvers. Finally in 1992 the department bought us Sig P228 9mm. I would have preferred a S&W but the powers that be used the power. Around 2000 we went to Sigs in 357 Sig. I loved the round but the plastic gun we had was pretty poor. Finally we got the much preferred P226 in the 357 Sig. I retired in 2014 after 40 years. I have Autos in 45 acp 40 S&W and 9mm that will do the job.
Firearms Safety is No Accident. Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic