Glock striker fired vs. DA/SA or DAO pistols

Forum for semi-auto handgun discussion.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Dan

Apprentice (Level I)
Gun: Glock 19 Gen 5
Likes received: 1

Posting Badges

Post by Dan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Cranky wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:18 pm
I'm kind of old school as far as semi-autos go. Still trying to get used to the idea of a plastic gun. :violence-glob:
I jumped that hurdle too from my 1911 days. Just remember, the slide isn't plastic so it doesn't matter.

I became a big fan of glock and rarely carry my Sig p226 anymore, but still holding onto that p226 since it's the mk25 and I don't see them manufacturing them much longer (still love it with the srt on it). The glock 19 Gen 5 specifically drew me in. I have much more control due and a faster follow-up to how close my hand sits to the slide. Hence the term "glock bite" (it can hurt a lot :angry-screaming:)

My biggest question for someone looking into Glocks:
1. Are you ok with not having a manual safety?
2. Are you patient? Currently you can get a glock, but the odds of walking into a shop and finding exactly what you went for is slim.

Did I mention my backplate is a blacked out Betsy Ross flag? :rolling:

Topic Author
Cranky

Journeyman (Level I)
Gun: .357 MAG
Likes given: 12
Likes received: 7

Posting Badges

Post by Cranky » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:46 am

Dan wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:58 pm
My biggest question for someone looking into Glocks:
1. Are you ok with not having a manual safety?
2. Are you patient? Currently you can get a glock, but the odds of walking into a shop and finding exactly what you went for is slim.
1. I'm fine without a manual safety and personally don't think it's necessary with the proper holster and proper training.
2. NO! I want it when I want it. :angry-tappingfoot:

45bananas

Journeyman (Level I)
Likes given: 8
Likes received: 6

Posting Badges

Post by 45bananas » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:37 am

jimg11 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:27 am
Unfortunately FotoTime which I used for my pictures for over 15years has gone under taking my pictures with my pictures. Is there another picture holding and posting sight that works well? I am very open to suggestions.
You could just attach the pictures to your post so they get uploaded here. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic