Remington R51 a go or no go?

Forum for semi-auto handgun discussion.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
ARMARIN

Journeyman (Level II)
Gun: Colt detective speci
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by ARMARIN » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Remington R51 a go or no go?

Found a lonely Remington R51 on a shelve and it cried: Shoot me, shoot me. So I did. I am a softy and if tears are involved.

Very interesting little pistol. Nothing military about it more a flash out of your holster one. Feels good in your hand.

- All metal construction.
- Feels good in the hand and is a natural pointer.
- Even though it is a recoil operated gun, the recoil spring guide is the barrel (think blow-back 380 - PPK, Bersa, etc.). This will make for a more manageable recoil (faster recovery and follow-up shots) since the recoil impulse is more in line with the shooter's wrist.
- It is a single action hammer gun - not striker fire as its external appearance may lead you to believe.
- There is a grip safety (think 1911) that is very digital (for lack of a better description). It is either pressed or it is not pressed. There is no "mostly, kinda, sorta" - it is or it is not.
- The trigger did not feel that bad either. If I remember correctly, it's a bit on the heavy side, but not something that you'll notice if it is required for social work.

Overall, I think it's a neat gun that does fill a niche - all metal, low profile, single stack, 9mm. It is definitely unique among its peers for a 9mm. Stick this under your enemies nose. They will like it!

(Autobiographic)
Have a cigar and rgds from

ARMARIN

IF YOU SHOOT IN THE DARK USE A MACHINE GUN
Read ==>

556NATO

Journeyman (Level III)
Likes given: 15
Likes received: 9

Posting Badges

Post by 556NATO » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:39 am

I like the look and style of that gun. I've never seen that model Remington.

S_I_G

NHGF Admin
Gun: Sig Sauer M400
Referrals: 1
Likes given: 27
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by S_I_G » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:13 am

Yeah that's a GO.
_ _S I G_ _

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic