Smith & Wesson 686

Anything about revolvers goes here.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
ARMARIN

Journeyman (Level II)
Gun: Colt detective speci
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by ARMARIN » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Smith & Wesson 686

The 686 is a lot handier moniker than Distinguished Combat Magnum, but Smith & Wesson used both to describe a .357 Mag. revolver introduced in 1980. Made on a new frame, bigger than the K and smaller than the N, the 686 came in various lengths over the 30-plus years of its continuing production. They’re all accurate, but the early ones were scary accurate. My 6-inch 686 produced the smallest six-shot group I have ever seen—.29 inches at 25 yards. This is a great all-purpose revolver, and if you are put off by the size and weight of a 6-inch gun, S&W makes them with shorter barrels and even with lightweight Scandium frames. It’s a classic gun of a classic style.

IF YOU SHOOT IN THE DARK USE A MACHINE GUN
Read ==>

jimg11

Master (Level II)
Likes given: 45
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by jimg11 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Back in the 1980s I was one of our police dept. firearms instructors. One of our officers had just gotten a S&W model 686 and I was watching about a dozen officers firing at targets and I was watching from the side and saw that the 686 in the officer's hands was not recoiling as much as the combination of S&W model 19, model 66 and model 13, Ruger Security Six revolvers. My first thought was "I have to get one of those model 686s" As soon as I could find one I bought it.
Firearms Safety is No Accident. Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic