ESCAPE from NY

Introduce yourself here. Talk about your firearm interests, experience, where you live, hobbies, etc. Anything that will give other members an idea of who you are and what you're about. Gun-related or not.
Forum Information
You will earn 4 pts. per new topic and 2 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
KIlroy

Gun: M1A,1911,P7,G43
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 1

Posting Badges

Post by KIlroy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Good Evening Gents, Glad I found your Forum !! We sold our Home and have started looking for a House in NH. Like many here , the 2nd Amend means a lot to us so we're looking forward to the move. I've collected WW2 Militaria & Firearms for over 50 years and can't wait to start checking out the Auctions, Gun Shows & Antique shops you have ....if this Covid mess hasn't shut them all down. Anyway ...great meeting you all --Mike
Attachments
13268314_1180967475278959_304298193919840296_o.jpg

S_I_G

NHGF Admin
Gun: Sig Sauer M400
Referrals: 1
Likes given: 27
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by S_I_G » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:38 pm

Welcome to NHGF, sir! Enjoy!
_ _S I G_ _

556NATO

Journeyman (Level III)
Likes given: 15
Likes received: 9

Posting Badges

Post by 556NATO » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:48 am

Welcome! C'mon over to the great state of New Hampshire.

jimg11

Master (Level II)
Likes given: 45

Posting Badges

Post by jimg11 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:53 am

Hi Kilroy,

A warm welcome to the N. H. Gun Forum.

Visit often.

Added in 16 minutes 16 seconds later:
Hi Kilroy,
We just recaptured the N.H. and N. H. Senate back from the Lunatics' Left after 2 years of the Crazy Let Us make N H like M A legislation. Thank The Lord we had Governor Sununu to Veto. Unfortunately The two U S Congress Seats and our U. S. Senators are Left Wing Fools.
Firearms Safety is No Accident. Jim

Topic Author
KIlroy

Gun: M1A,1911,P7,G43
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 1

Posting Badges

Post by KIlroy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:44 am

Update on our "Escape" lol ...not so good.
We'd sold our House, contract was signed in Dec and we started packing. Moving company wanted $15k to move us so, I bought a Box Truck with a liftgate , loaded the 2 Gun Safes first then the furniture and packed it full ...Everything else we stored at my In-laws , filled 2 rooms in the basement and his 2 car Garage !! We rushed since the closing was in Jan ...the Buyer asked for an extension. Ok, so we had extra time to pack . In Feb we moved in with the In Laws .. our buyer delayed the closing again . Not thrilled but , what can you do ? Then our Attorney called and told us the Buyer and his Wife have Covid , another delay. Then we're told they Hospitalized him , his wife had a milder case so she stayed home ..another delay. 2 weeks later, they put him on a Vent BUT , his Lawyer said he still wanted to proceed with the upcoming closing and would have his Wife sign since she'd recovered and was fine. a week passes and the DAY before the closing , he Died ...30 years old , really sad. But now that leaves us in Limbo , House is back on the Market , we had to return the deposit in full so all the extra expenses (new CO etc) we had to pay ....so , Can't even search for a new Home until we sell our old one. The only bite we had 3 weeks ago was a Church who wanted to turn it into a Homeless Shelter and , we have a lot of kids in the neighborhood and I know what NYC sends out to the shelters so , that wouldn't end well - I passed on it. One problem , we didn't pack thinking it would be for months and now everything is sitting , and I'm worried about Mildew , moths, mold . We bought a Dehumidifier and 4 fans to keep the air moving . All the Firearms are in the House of course and because of the delay, I had to buy 2 more Safes . Thankfully I found them on Facebook used , only $300 and delivered !! But his basement gets humid and the stuff on the Truck and in the Garage I'm worried about....I was even thinking about putting a Dehumidifier in the Truck Box but , not sure if that would work well. This week I'm going to start taking the Rifles 1 by 1 and clean and oil them up for added piece of mind. We were really hoping to find a nice house and take our time moving in over the summer , enjoy the fall and get settled in for a nice winter ...guess it wasn't in the cards. The Market was more active back in Dec but now it seems to have slowed down a little. Hopefully our place sells soon and there are still some houses left to buy in NH lol ...can't wait to get out of here
Attachments
IMG_9233.JPG
IMG_7742.JPG
spare.JPG
IMG_7736.JPG

S_I_G

NHGF Admin
Gun: Sig Sauer M400
Referrals: 1
Likes given: 27

Posting Badges

Post by S_I_G » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:28 pm

That's a horrible turn of events. I hope things work out well for y'all and go the way you were planning. Keep us updated!
_ _S I G_ _

FunGun

Apprentice (Level II)
Likes given: 9
Likes received: 2

Posting Badges

Post by FunGun » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:51 pm

Wow that's one hell of a story. That poor 30 year old guy must have had some underlying conditions. Sad indeed. Hopefully you can make it out here before winter. The RE market is still pretty strong, but looking like it's ready to start normalizing. Good luck, sir!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic