Moving to NH soon

Introduce yourself here. Talk about your firearm interests, experience, where you live, hobbies, etc. Anything that will give other members an idea of who you are and what you're about. Gun-related or not.
Forum Information
You will earn 4 pts. per new topic and 2 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
Hailstorm

Apprentice (Level I)
Gun: Glock 20

Posting Badges

Post by Hailstorm » Sat May 22, 2021 7:21 am

Currently, I am in Michigan. I am involved with migunowners.org. I am a Marketplace Moderator and enjoy helping out. But, my wife has taken a job in Massachusetts. I however will not live there. So, we will be buying a home in NH. She starts on June 14th. So, as soon as we can find a house. The move is on.

I am a 52 year old Air Force vet. I had been a CPL instructor and hold a CPL now. From what I am reading. One is not needed in NH. Which is different. Along with some other changes, as in no registration of firearms.

I am a member of Blue Water Sportsman's Club here. I like it as it is NFA friendly. I assume there are some in NH. Or at least ranges that let you train properly.

Still learning about this site. As I have time from prepping my home for sale. I will be trying to learn what I can here.

I still don't understand how Massachusetts can be so much like California... How hard is it to get a Non resident CCW permit? I read that Glocks are banned, then. I see them on the approved list.

Anyway, Greetings from afar at the moment. 14 hours away

If you don't upset people. Then, you stand for nothing

Cranky

Journeyman (Level I)
Gun: .357 MAG
Likes given: 12
Likes received: 7

Posting Badges

Post by Cranky » Wed May 26, 2021 6:12 pm

Welcome to the forum! Yes, firearm laws are very "liberal" here if you'll pardon the term. :D NH is one of the most (if not THE most) gun-friendly states in the country.
Yes, Massachusetts and NY are the "California's" of the east.
Congrats on your upcoming move to NH. Where abouts are you looking?

Topic Author
Hailstorm

Apprentice (Level I)

Posting Badges

Post by Hailstorm » Thu May 27, 2021 7:12 am

Th wife will be working in Chelmsford and Haverhill. Current building is at one place and they will build another in the other city. I can't recall which one is which.
We are trying to keep within a reasonable distance from those cities.. But, actively looking in Hudson, Nashua,Kingston,Milford,Greenville,Hicksville,Northwood,Nottingham,Rochester,Deerfield,Suncook and Oxford. We also had been told to use the Manchester Airport only. I work with someone who is from that area.

What he said. Insurance is cheaper, roads are better. Crime is less of a problem. Unlike going to Detroit and feeling like a ambush could happen. Boston isn't like that. Obey the speed limit because 5 over will get you a ticket. That will be hard one for me. Christmas and the 4th of July are great. Beautiful areas.

I am getting confusing information. Are glocks still banned in Mass? I see they are on the list of acceptable guns. But, that was not what I heard. I assume the P80 builds are treated the same.

Cranky

Journeyman (Level I)

Posting Badges

Post by Cranky » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:15 am

Hailstorm wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:12 am
We are trying to keep within a reasonable distance from those cities.. But, actively looking in Hudson, Nashua,Kingston,Milford,Greenville,Hicksville,Northwood,Nottingham,Rochester,Deerfield,Suncook and Oxford. We also had been told to use the Manchester Airport only. I work with someone who is from that area.
That covers a big radius, but all nice towns (at least the ones I've been to on that list).
Manchester Airport is like no other! Very easy to get in to and out of. Usually slightly more expensive to fly out of than Logan, but well worth the time and aggravation savings. :)
Hailstorm wrote:
What he said. Insurance is cheaper, roads are better. Crime is less of a problem. Unlike going to Detroit and feeling like a ambush could happen. Boston isn't like that. Obey the speed limit because 5 over will get you a ticket. That will be hard one for me. Christmas and the 4th of July are great. Beautiful areas.
All true. Also, no state income or sales tax, however, real estate taxes are high...but we gotta pay one way or the other.
Hailstorm wrote:
I am getting confusing information. Are glocks still banned in Mass? I see they are on the list of acceptable guns. But, that was not what I heard. I assume the P80 builds are treated the same.
I never heard of Glocks being banned in Massachusetts, but I believe in Mass. there is a 10-round max. allowed capacity.

How goes the move?

Topic Author
Hailstorm

Apprentice (Level I)

Posting Badges

Post by Hailstorm » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:25 am

Well, we have a deal moving forward in Epping. Should be closing on Aug 17th. We listed our house and had a offer within 48 hours. Closing on the 30th on this month. Being allowed to stay until we can move.

Wife is in Mass right now working for another week. Then she comes back to Mich to do the close with me on this house. Then she goes back to Mass after a week. I am working remote right now at home. But getting a straight answer on if I keep my job is not happening. I am thinking it may be best to find a new job.

Ok, that explains some on the glock situation. Of course, a year back. I sold all my old glock mags... Oh well.

Now trying to get dates nailed down for the movers and such. The car I need transported is next up. Fun stuff. I can wait to just be done. Find some new places to dwell.

Cranky

Journeyman (Level I)

Posting Badges

Post by Cranky » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:31 am

Nice! Congratulations! Epping is a nice town. Built up on one side of town where you'll find everything you'll need, but still has a lot of nice rural areas. Good luck with your move and welcome to the "Live Free or Die" state.

Topic Author
Hailstorm

Apprentice (Level I)

Posting Badges

Post by Hailstorm » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:50 am

Thank you

Gw376

Posting Badges

Post by Gw376 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:11 am

Greetings and welcome to NH! I’m new to the forum as well.
As far as Glocks in MA, the story I got was that the bill to ban Glocks was ready to pass with flying colors until the state police submitted a budget proposal for all new handguns since the bill would make all of their service weapons illegal haha.
Needless to say, the bill, I believe, was completely shot down.

Cranky

Journeyman (Level I)

Posting Badges

Post by Cranky » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:36 pm

Gw376 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:11 am
Greetings and welcome to NH! I’m new to the forum as well.
As far as Glocks in MA, the story I got was that the bill to ban Glocks was ready to pass with flying colors until the state police submitted a budget proposal for all new handguns since the bill would make all of their service weapons illegal haha.
Needless to say, the bill, I believe, was completely shot down.
Massachusetts never has been very bright with their gun laws.

Topic Author
Hailstorm

Apprentice (Level I)

Posting Badges

Post by Hailstorm » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:01 pm

I am here now. Waiting on the movers to come with the semi. But, the driver got hurt over the weekend. So, who knows. Sure was fun with the hurricane scare. Here I am . Been a prepper all my life. And I have not a single BIC lighter to my name. I went out bought a couple. MRE's and protection I have . No problem. Just weird. I ended up packing the lighters on the truck stuff.. Now to spread out once I get my stuff here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic