Why shouldn’t you bring your own gun to a gun store?

All firearms discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here. Armed citizen reports, gun news, etc.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
ARMARIN

Journeyman (Level II)
Gun: Colt detective speci
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by ARMARIN » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Why shouldn’t you bring your own gun to a gun store?
I can give you one good reason you shouldn’t bring your own gun into a gun store and I speak from experience. Just because someone works at a gun store does not mean that s/he is not an idiot, too. I’ve often said that, in a gun store, you can not only find idiots that work there but you can also find idiots that are also megalomaniacs.

I recently carried my Smith and Wesson 686 revolver into a store near me because I was looking for a shoulder harness. When I entered the store, the gun was completely unloaded. I had the barrel of the gun in my hand with the cylinder open. I had my thumb through the frame. In order to make this gun work, i would have had to remove my thumb, load the cylinder and close it, turn the gun around in my hand, aim and fire.

Anyway, at this store, some young pup still yelled at me and read me the riot act for bringing a gun into the store. I turned around and, on my way out, I pointed out that there were plenty of other gun stores in town that did not have highly inflated egos pissing off their customers.

IF YOU SHOOT IN THE DARK USE A MACHINE GUN
Read ==>