Anyone got a .22 Rifle?

All firearms discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here. Armed citizen reports, gun news, etc.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
jimg11

Master (Level II)
Likes given: 45
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by jimg11 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:51 pm

I have always had a few 22 rim fire rifles in my stash. I have been a N H Hunter Education Instructor for over 55 years and one of the parts of those courses was showing that the student could fire a .22 Rifle safely. For most of my years instructing I provided several of my own rifles for the students to use at the range for that part of the course. A few years ago the State of N H decided to loan us Ruger or Savage .22 Bolt action rifles and we could no longer use our own. I had figured that if I had several types of rifles it would show the students some different actions and that sometimes there were different ways that safeties worked. Just before we got the state guns I had a class and brought 2 bolt Action .22 rifles a Savage and a Marlin another instructor brought 2 identical Remington 22 Rifles and another brought another Marlin 22 rifle different than mine. On the line we had 5 rifles and the safeties worked 4 different ways. A great Teaching point. Here is my oldest a Savage 1923 sporting 22 l r rifle.

This is my Marlin 22 Bolt action rifle.

Although it had a scope rather than iron sights this 1960 Marlin model 39 was usually there.

My 22 l r Semi Auto is this Voere made in Austria. Usually there with scope removed.

Firearms Safety is No Accident. Jim

Jetspeed31

Gun: Sig P226 Legion

Posting Badges

Post by Jetspeed31 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:35 pm

Very nice collection! Sounds like an excellent teaching moment. The only .22 rifle I have is a Henry Golden Boy Silver lever action. I don't really like the safety on it. Just moving the lever about a 1/4 inch to the click, but then there is nothing to visually check that the safety has engaged.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic