Need help buying a scope 22. benchrest

All firearms discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here. Armed citizen reports, gun news, etc.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
84vert

Posting Badges

Post by 84vert » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:22 am

hello,i am new to shooting. i have a ruger 10/22 which i upgraded to compete in 50 & 100 yard 22 bench rest matches and just plinking for fun. i changed the stock to a boyd's thumb hole, i changed the barrel to a green mountain 920 bullbarrel. i performed a trigger job, took to much off that my safety quit working, then replaced the trigger with a competition one. i bought a friends rifle rest and didn't like it, i am currently shooting off a bipod.

i have enough cash to buy a expensive scope but i am picky and am trying to save money.
last year i settled on a BSA platinum Scope 8-32x 44mm which i picked up on sale for about $80.

i went to a local park with a range yesterday in the evening about 2 hours before sunset and had trouble seeing where my bullets were hitting the target at 50 yards.

i was reading online, and watching youtube videos and it seems like alot of people recommend the Weaver T36 rifle scope..
it looks like i can pick one of those up for around $400. i found a local gun shop that has a few in stock i plan to go visit and take a look through one to see if i like it.

But i also saw a few other scopes online which had greater zoom but i had not heard of them or seen what the crosshairs look like.

what do you guys think? should i consider one of these other scopes?
i appreciate any feedback or suggestions

556NATO

Journeyman (Level III)
Likes given: 15
Likes received: 9

Posting Badges

Post by 556NATO » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Check this out. Inexpensive with great reviews.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic