weapon of choice for home protection

All firearms discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here. Armed citizen reports, gun news, etc.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

What is your weapon of choice for home protection?

Small caliber handgun
33%
Small caliber rifle
No votes
Large caliber handgun
67%
Large caliber rifle
No votes
Baseball bat
No votes
Knife
No votes
Running shoes
No votes

Total votes: 3

Topic Author
45bananas

Journeyman (Level I)
Likes given: 8
Likes received: 6

Posting Badges

Post by 45bananas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:40 pm

What is your weapon of choice for home protection?

jimg11

Master (Level II)
Likes given: 45
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by jimg11 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:35 pm

While I worked as a Police Officer my late wife would be home alone days, evenings, and nights and there were not positive times for my return home. My late wife was of course concerned about her safety. I took her shooting but she was not confident with her use of a handgun. I had an old single barrel MASS ARMS 12 gauge Shotgun. I cut the barrel to 18 1/2" and added a Savage 410er, a 12 Gauge barrel insert to allow the loading and firing 410 Shotgun shell in a 12 Ga. Shotgun. I took my late wife to the range with said shotgun and 410 shotgun shells. She found it easy to shoot and when we looked at the target it was covered with holes. Her comment was "Where did all those holes come from?" From that time on when I came home extra late at night the shotgun was usually beside the bed taken from it's place in the locked closet.

Firearms Safety is No Accident. Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic