Virginia: Jaw-Dropping Turnouts On Tuesday & 18 New 2A Sanctuaries! 77 Total!

Feed from AmmoLand
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Image1,500+ people Bedford County Virginia 2019 Second Amendment Sanctuary MeetingVirginia – -(AmmoLand.com)- Huge night for gun owners, 18 new sanctuaries, including in Prince William County, City of Chesapeake, and Spotsylvania County! There are now a total of 77 sanctuaries across Virginia. Tomorrow night is going to have another large number of localities considering resolutions! To check the full list and count of sanctuaries, remember to just go to the VCDL.org main page. Here are the new sanctuaries as of Tuesday night 12/10/2019:
  • Bath County – Unanimous
  • Big Stone Gap
  • Bluefield
  • Caroline County – 600+ in attendance
  • Chesapeake – unanimous! Massive turnout well over 1,300 people
  • Cumberland County
  • Floyd County – 5 to 0 – packed house!
  • Greene County
  • Henrico County – 3 to 2
  • James City County – Unanimous
  • Martinsville
  • Nelson County – 4 to 1 – overflow crowd
  • Prince George County
  • Prince William County – 6 to 2, massive crowd – past 1,000
  • Smyth County – Unanimous – 1,100 or so in attendance
  • Spotsylvania County – unanimous – massive, massive crowd – way past 1,000
  • Strasburg
  • Warren County – unanimous – well over 1,000 in attendance
These localities didn't pass a resolution for various reasons:
  • Fredericksburg rejected the resolution. Very low turnout. I think everyone was at the Spotsylvania meeting.
  • Lynchburg failed to pass their resolution by one vote: 3 to 4. May reconsider in January.
  • Newport News did not take any action but heard from a room full of people. If this is to pass, we need to massively overflow their meeting room next time.
  • Waynesboro to vote on their resolution in January after hearing from a standing-room-only crowd on Tuesday.
  • Winchester had 75 to 100 with GSL stickers in the chambers and more in the hallway. 10 speakers, all pro-gun. City Council went into closed session afterwards, but no resolution and no vote tonight. We'll have to see what they do next.
I have photos of these events on the VCDL.org main page. The majority of these meetings were either close to 1,000 or well over 1,000 attending! I would say that Prince William County, Spotsylvania County, and the City of Chesapeake were breathtaking. If you haven't been to one of these events, you don't know what you are missing. The energy is incredible. WHAT IS HAPPENING IS SO IMPORTANT. I am chest-thumping proud of all of you who are turning out at these meetings! You are in the fight and you are absolutely making a difference! But we must keep these jaw-dropping turnouts going across the Commonwealth! They are changing the political landscape in Virginia, trust me on this. Oh, and if these events are jaw-dropping, just wait until Lobby Day on 1/20/2020. ImageAbout Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL): Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right. For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.