Conspiracy to Commit Theft of Your Legal Arms? File a Police Report

Feed from AmmoLand
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:41 pm

Opinion Jim Pope (Retired Captain, Columbus Police Department, Columbus, GA)
The opinions of this article do not necessarily reflect those of the Columbus Police Department or it’s Chief of Police. ImageConspiracy to Commit Theft of Your Legal Arms? File a Police Report, iStock-aijohn784Virginia – -(AmmoLand.com)- I was enjoying the Christmas holidays with my relatives in the state of Virginia. Was, being the keyword. The next thing I knew I was being asked by relatives if they should give their weapons to me since I don’t live in Virginia and never would considering the proposed democratic scheme to seize legally owned and constitutionally protected property. (Editors Note: as of the publish date of this article an Assualt Weapons Ban bill has NOT been introduced for VA. for 2020 and may never be as the pressure has been so great, but the political year is young.) Think about this. My relatives are so scared of their own government that they were considering (giving me/transferring ownership or whatever you want to call it) of their weapons to me for safekeeping from elected tyrants in their state. We gun owners have all talked about this happening one day for as far back as I can remember and here, I was faced with the reality of it during the Christmas holidays. Let us get a few things out the way up front: 1) This is blatantly unconstitutional. Our founding fathers did not use the term “shall not be infringed” in any other portion of the Constitution and/or Bill of Rights. They didn’t use it when referencing ownership of your home, your horse or even your food and water. They viewed this specific property as so critical that they chose a very specific language and addressed it in the 2nd amendment to the Constitution. Why? This is the last line of defense against tyranny. The tyranny that is taking place in the state of Virginia as I write this. 2) I could quote 20 different studies and/or statistics that all show clearly that this will not lower the crime rate in any way. It will actually increase it. It always does. Look at the crime rate in all jurisdictions that have done this and compare it to areas that do the opposite and respect the Constitution. Any police officer will tell you this. All common-sense dictates this because it only affects law-abiding citizens, not criminals. It makes the job of a criminal much easier. 3) It is a conspiracy to commit theft under Virginia law and that is the main point of this article. 18.2-22. Conspiracy to commit a felony.  (The value of the property, $500 or more would make the offense a felony) The suspects are elected officials in that state. My assumption is all elected Democrats, but I don’t know that to be a fact and there are probably a few so-called Republicans that would go along with this that needed the votes due to the district they are in. Any future voting record is prima facie evidence of the conspiracy. I suggested to a couple of my relatives that they call their local police department and request that a report be made because they are the victim of a conspiracy to commit theft of their property. If I lived in the state of Virginia and tyrants were trying to take my property, this is what I would do and specifically how I would handle it. Call your local police department. Tell them that elected representatives in the state are committing a conspiracy to commit theft and that you and all other law-abiding gun owners are the victims. (You can only report yourself as a victim. Others will have to do the same.) If you can obtain a list of the voting record for the specific legislation in that state, do so and provide that information as possible suspects. Listing your guns, serial numbers, etc. may not be the best way to go about this for obvious reasons. You could choose one gun that you are sure is valued at more than $500 and use that as the property being taken under penalty of law by the State. You could state that you do not want to provide specifics pertaining to the specific firearm at this time but if/when specifics are needed to bring these elected officials to justice, you will provide the necessary information pertaining to whatever gun you choose to be the property in question. Your argument is based on the fear of the government seizing the property and you don’t want to make it easier for them with an itemized list of the property. Expect a dumbfounded look from the officer when you do this because nothing like this has done before. The officer may want to call a supervisor, may tell you no that he is not going to do the report, may tell you he will get back with you, etc. You have a right to report what you believe to be a violation of the law. The department has an obligation to do a report. That does not mean there will be any actual investigation. They may do the report, get a good laugh about it and nothing will be done. Judging from how the police departments are refusing to enforce this unconstitutional law, they will probably be cooperative. Using what I just described, you have more than enough to justify a report being taken. If they refuse to do a criminal offense report, ask them to do a Miscellaneous Incident report to document that you alleged you were a victim and that you tried to make a report. The report is step-one of this process. Illegal legislation like has been proposed is already being challenged and will continue to be challenged in Federal District Courts and probably the Supreme Court before it is all over. If for example, 250,000 citizens make an offense report of Conspiracy to commit theft/larceny, that is a feather in our collective hats when this goes before any court of law. It will also benefit our side in any lawsuits that should be taking place as well. It also sends a strong message to Democrats if they want to be re-elected. Be polite and professional to the officer. Do “NOTHING” that would look bad on the 6:00 news so the enemy can twist and turn it into anything negative about gun owners. There is another side to the obvious criminal aspect of this. This is a direct violation of your constitutional rights. I will leave this up to Attorneys that specialize in this type of thing but this reeks of potential civil rights violations. If you are a minority, (Black, Hispanic, female, homosexual, over age 40, etc. basically any protected status) an argument could be made that this is a violation of your civil rights and possibly even a hate crime by depriving you of a basic right to protect yourself against violence. Arguments that make far less sense are argued before the courts daily. Don’t just laugh this off. The time is now to act to properly and legally to fight back against these tyrants. Do not wait until the National Guard shows up at your front door. Although, personally, I don’t think that will happen. I think it will lead to a split in the armed forces if the Governor tries to implement that. A few leftover Obama-ites might agree to do it but the rest would refuse. It may end up with local police and citizens standing up to the National Guard. We cannot let it get to that point because that is when gunshots will ring out and that is what we need to avoid. Do every legal thing possible to make sure all these tyrants are voted out of office in the next election. Make your voice and your vote is known.