Bloomberg Superbowl Ad Counting on Fan Ignorance and Apathy about Rights

Feed from AmmoLand
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:19 am

ImageIt figures he’d pose in front of a flag neither he nor many NFL players stand for. (Mike Bloomberg for President/Facebook profile photo)U.S.A. – -(Ammoland.com)- “Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg on Thursday released his campaign ad set to air during the Super Bowl — a 60-second spot focused on gun violence,” Politico is publicizing in a free plug masked as news that probably ought to count as an in-kind contribution. “The ad, which will cost the former New York mayor more than $10 million to broadcast nationwide on Sunday, tells the story of Calandrian Simpson Kemp, a Texas mother whose 20-year-old son, an aspiring professional football player named George, was shot to death in September 2013 outside Houston.” It’s not the first time the mayor of Everytown has relied on the big game to get out a slick “sports” message designed to swindle “the whole people” out of their birthright. He and then-Boston Mayor Thomas Menino donned trademarked NFL jerseys, meaning they must have had league blessing (they wouldn’t even let a host town use the term “Super Bowl”), to show everyone their huge “We Both Support the Second Amendment ‘buts'” back in 2012. He even teamed up with Spike “Shoot Charlton Heston with a .44 bulldog” Lee and an NBA infested with the violence-prone to create another “public service announcement” – yet another piece of New York ad agency propaganda highlighting “its brave decision to speak out against gun violence [and chart] a new course in civic responsibility.” Who talks like that but smooth con men…? As for the NFL, it’s hostility to the Second Amendment is no secret to Americans who care more for the right of the people to keep and bear arms than they do for bread and circuses. League gutlessness, on the National Anthem and in its “Standard of Conduct” mandating player defenselessness, tells us all we need to know. The hiring of ex-ATF honcho and Fast and Furious cover-up king B. Todd Jones as special counsel for player misconduct tells us a bit more. And lest we forget, it was not that long ago that NFL banned a Superbowl ad from Daniel Defense, even though no guns were shown and the company even agreed to leave out its logo (although perhaps offering to replace it with an American flag was a mistake). It evidently did not meet the high standards set by gun-grabbers Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer’s “beer lobby” Super Bowl ad, and you can still see what so offended League officials on YouTube. About the only good news gun owners have seen involving the NFL in recent years is Georgia attorney John Monroe telling the Atlanta Falcons its public property release does not authorize it to ban guns. Had Politico been interested in, you know, reporting instead of rewording Bloomberg PR points, it might have pointed out that the “star” of Bloomberg’s new Super Bowl video is a Moms Demand Action zealot given to absurdly ignorant assertions like “Give Teachers Guns, And More Black Children Will Die.” And while we can understandably sympathize with her loss, it would also be appropriate to clarify to those hearing only her telling of the story that her son had reportedly challenged a young rival to a fight and was killed by a lawless young thug illegally carrying an illegally-obtained handgun. What “common-sense gun safety law” would have prevented that? And have we learned nothing placing our trust in letting self-styled “anti-violence advocates” define our freedoms? There’s one other factor at play here, something I haven’t seen anyone pick up on except in an insightful piece by Christopher Bedford over at The Federalist. “Simply put, the billionaire mayor gets a lot more for his money as a candidate than he ever could as a donor or even as the operator of a super PAC,” Bedford explains. “Then, there’s something campaigns have that no PAC has — and that’s access to the best rates the market has to offer.” So basically, he’s committing “legal” campaign finance fraud if I’m reading this right. That would hardly be surprising for a maniac control freak whose entire gun scam relies on covering grassroots over with Astroturf and fooling enough of the people enough of the time. Me, as informed as I try to stay on issues of importance, I have to admit that not a year has gone by in the past few decades where I actually knew who was playing in the Super Bowl in advance of the game — and sometimes even afterward. My own priorities have never had much use for “sporting purposes,” and even less for countrymen who place them above not only themselves but their posterity. Maybe this year I can watch an old Bruce Dern flick instead… Or better yet, read a good book.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Yp0yN8UxVg
About David Codrea:Image David Codrea is the winner of multiple journalist awards for investigating/defending the RKBA and a long-time gun owner rights advocate who defiantly challenges the folly of citizen disarmament. He blogs at “The War on Guns: Notes from the Resistance,” is a regularly featured contributor to Firearms News, and posts on Twitter: @dcodrea and Facebook.