NJ Legalization Caution! Marijuana Still Precludes Gun Ownership Under Federal Law

Feed from AmmoLand
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:11 pm

ImageMarijuanaNew Jersey – -(AmmoLand.com)- Despite the imminent legalization of marijuana use in New Jersey on January 1 (pursuant to a November 3, 2020, ballot question amending NJ's constitution), marijuana use is still unlawful under federal law and marijuana users are still disqualified from owning firearms under federal law. Gun law guru Evan Nappen breaks the issue down online in a just-released new chapter of his book on NJ gun law and in a new podcast of his Gun Lawyer show. “I’m Evan Nappen, and welcome to Gun Lawyer. Hey, today I want to talk to you about marijuana and guns. That’s right, marijuana and guns. What about weed and those things we love so much that go bang? Well, I’ll tell you. There’s a phrase that I actually coined. Honestly, it was me. I coined this a number of years ago. When talking about marijuana and guns, what I said was, “bang or bong, you can’t have both”. That’s exactly what the story still is today.” https://media.blubrry.com/gun_lawyer/b/ ... S1_E10.mp3The bottom line is, until federal law changes, marijuana use still disqualifies users from gun ownership under federal law regardless of any changes in state or local law. About Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs: The Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, Inc. is the official NRA State Association in New Jersey. Our mission is to implement all of the programs and activities at the state level that the NRA does at the national level. This mission includes the following: To support and defend the constitutional rights of the people to keep and bear arms. To take immediate action against any legislation at the local, state, and federal level that would infringe upon these rights. Visit: www.anjrpc.org Image