Baton Rouge community stands together to honor fallen officer, officer still recovering

American Police Beat Magazine feed
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:28 pm

ImageBATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) – Two Baton Rouge officers were shot in the line of duty Sunday, April 26.
One officer, a 21-year veteran, died from his injuries. The second officer is being treated at an area hospital for critical injuries. In the aftermath of the shooting, community leaders and other first responders offered prayers and support of the officers’ families and for the Baton Rouge police force. A video captured Sunday night by Dr. Christina Christ, a COVID-19 ICU physician at Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge, shows first responders lining up to pay respects to their colleagues. “This is the call that no chief wants to get, no police officer wants to hear – an officer died,” said Baton Rouge Police Chief Murphy Paul. “Not only are these police officers public servants, they are fathers, husbands, loved by their families.” “Our hearts are heavy today as we mourn the loss of a dedicated public servant who made the ultimate sacrifice for the people of Baton Rouge and the State of Louisiana,” said Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards. “It is a dark day in our state, and [Donna Edwards, first lady of Louisiana] and I send our prayers to the family and friends of both officers and to the entire [Baton Rouge Police Department] and law enforcement community during this difficult time.” “My thoughts and prayers are with their families, every member of the Baton Rouge Police Department, and with all public safety officers,” said East Baton Rouge Parish Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome. “I ask our entire community to remember their families in your prayers, and may their sacrifice never be forgotten.” The names of the officers were not released. Read the full article The post Baton Rouge community stands together to honor fallen officer, officer still recovering appeared first on American Police Beat Magazine.