Warner Robins officer picks up three lost puppies on busy road

American Police Beat Magazine feed
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:46 pm

ImageWarner Robins Police Department A Warner Robins officer fulfilled his duty not only to human members of the community, but to the animal members as well. Officer Matthew Wojital was driving back to the station on Watson Boulevard – one of the busiest streets in the town – when he encountered three puppies on the road and knew he had to do something.  “I saw something small run across the road when I was coming into the inside lane,” Wojtal recalled. “I had to swerve out of the way. I immediately stopped, turned on the lights in my patrol car, and as soon as I stopped and got out of my patrol car, the dog ran right up to me and started scratching at my leg and making little puppy noises.” At first, Wojital thought there was just one puppy. But after he stopped, two others approached him. “I picked up that dog and another vehicle coming from the other way couldn’t see what I was doing, so she stopped and got out of her car and as she was getting out … there was two more dogs that came running into the road,” Wojtal explained. Wojital told NBC41 that he was grateful to be at the right place and the right time knowing the puppies were in a dangerous predicament. After scooping them up into his patrol car, Wojital transported them to the local Animal Control. Greg Langston, Supervisor at Animal Control, was happy to receive the puppies from the officer. “We’re real proud of him for helping them out and helping us out too.”  The three six-week-old puppies are healthy and doing well. Wojital said such experiences make his job worth it. “After the stressful things that we deal with on a daily basis, with whether it be the horrible thing that happened on Friday, traffic accidents, domestics, whatever it is, it’s things like this that really make me appreciate what I do.” Wojital said he plans to adopt one of the puppies, who he will name Laney. The other two puppies will also be up for adoption after their “puppy quarantine” ends.