Illinois State Police find lost dentures, return them to owner after comical Facebook post

American Police Beat Magazine feed
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:57 pm

ImageiStock.com/ericb007 The Illinois State Police (ISP) recently took to social media to find the owner of a pair of lost dentures after taking custody of them at a local fair. It’s not clear how the owner could lose their false teeth in public, but the ISP took the responsibility of making sure they found their way back to the owner’s mouth. In a Facebook post, ISP posted a photo of a smiling trooper posing with a clear plastic cup containing the dentures after they were found missing at the Springfield, Illinois State Fair. Apparently, a fairgoer handed them over to the police after discovering the missing teeth. The department couldn’t resist having some fun over the comical situation. “Are you missing something?” the post read. “Your dentures were found over in Conservation World. They are now at the lost and found at the Grandstand. Thank you to the nice fairgoer that flagged us down with these abandoned chompers. You never know what you’re going to see….” The ISP employee who wrote the post then referred to themselves as the “tooth fairy,” before making several other dental-related jokes. “What did the dentist see at the North Pole? A molar bear! What do tooth fairies have on their phones? Bluetooth! Alright, that’s enough. Seriously though, come get your teeth. Haha,” the post concluded. ISP updated their post with a breaking news alert to inform everyone that the owner of the teeth was in contact with the police and would pick them up soon.

JamesCC

Journeyman (Level III)
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 7

Posting Badges

Post by JamesCC » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:24 pm

Found lost dentures ok I’ve seen all I need

FunGun

Apprentice (Level II)
Likes given: 9
Likes received: 2

Posting Badges