Missouri police arrest man after he accidentally includes bag of meth in Facebook post

American Police Beat Magazine feed
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:54 pm

ImageStone County Sheriff’s Office Missouri police were tipped off to illegal activity after a man’s Facebook post selling a catalytic converter accidentally contained a bag of meth in the background. The Stone County Sheriff’s Office shared the photo, which contained the catalytic converter in the foreground and a large bag of white powder with a syringe on a coffee table in the background, on their Facebook and shared some details of the story. “In the background was a bag containing a white crystal substance and a needle and a spoon laying next to it,” Sheriff Doug Rader told KY3. According to Sheriff Rader, one of the county’s “finer citizens” alerted police about the Facebook Marketplace post. Authorities later showed up to the man’s house with a search warrant and discovered 48 grams of meth and an illegally owned firearm. The man apparently told authorities he was unaware that the drugs were caught in the photo. Rader also added that the catalytic converter is no longer for sale. “Today we arrived at this gentleman’s house with a search warrant. You can imagine his surprise!! He still had 48 grams of meth and a pistol that he is forbidden to own! We have now provided him a new place to stay. Sorry folks, his catalytic converters are not for sale right now,” Rader said in his post. He then concluded the post with sound cautionary advice. “Take note, if you are selling items on social media, make sure your drugs are not in the background!” he wrote. The poster, a resident of Reeds Spring, was arrested and charged with drug trafficking and possession of an illegal firearm, KY3 reported. The man is a convicted felon, with priors such as resisting arrest, third-degree domestic assault, possession of a controlled substance, and endangering the welfare of a child. Sheriff Rader said the incident is an example of how social media and community involvement have become useful investigative assets for law enforcement. “Not only did I get the original tip, but had numerous people send us Facebook messages about the same post, so I appreciate our Stone County residents that are looking out for this kind of things,” he said.

JamesCC

Journeyman (Level III)
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 7

Posting Badges

Post by JamesCC » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:16 am

Reminds me of my college neighbor who broke into his own house drunk cops called and they found his pot farm upstairs

FunGun

Apprentice (Level II)
Likes given: 9
Likes received: 2

Posting Badges

Post by FunGun » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:25 pm

JamesCC wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:16 am
Reminds me of my college neighbor who broke into his own house drunk cops called and they found his pot farm upstairs
OOPS! That sucks! :scared-shocked:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic