Atlanta police officer rescues driver stuck on train tracks after bridge crash

American Police Beat Magazine feed
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:20 pm

ImageOfficer Jimmy Cenescar (City of Atlanta Police Department) An Atlanta police officer rescued a driver who ran off a bridge onto train tracks, using his car as a battering ram in the process. Officer Jimmy Cenescar had to use his police cruiser to ram through a locked gate in order to access the train tracks where the driver had landed after an accident. When Cenescar arrived at the bridge located at Marietta Road and Thomas Street in northwest Atlanta just past 1 a.m., concerned civilians informed him of the driver’s perilous situation. The driver, Kenneth William, was stuck 50 ft. below the bridge on the Norfolk Southern-Inman railyard and CSX Transportation REDI Center, an APD press release confirmed. “I had to take action quickly to get that driver out of the vehicle because I knew under that bridge was a train track,” Cenescar said in a video released by the department. After getting permission to breach the gate, Cenescar was able to make his way through the barrier to access the train tracks and remove William from his vehicle. Unlike a Hollywood movie, ramming the gate took a bit of trial and error. “The incident was intense,” Cenescar said, “but during the times I was trying to ram through that gate, everything seemed like it was going in slow motion. I attempted to knock through the gate about three times and on the third time, I was successful.” William was immediately transported to a local hospital in serious but stable condition. He suffered a broken arm, a concussion and facial laceration in the crash. was cited for driving with a suspended license and speeding. He was transported to an area hospital in serious, but stable, condition with a broken arm, concussion and a facial laceration. He was also cited for driving with a suspended license and speeding. Officer Cenescar described the scenario in a video posted by APD.