Gun Control - Two Americas

All firearms discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here. Armed citizen reports, gun news, etc.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
USMC69

Apprentice (Level III)
Likes given: 4
Likes received: 2

Posting Badges

Post by USMC69 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:10 am

S_I_G

NHGF Admin
Gun: Sig Sauer M400
Referrals: 1
Likes given: 27
Likes received: 12

Posting Badges

Post by S_I_G » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:54 pm

! Message from: Sig
Please post a portion of the article. The first paragraph for instance. Use the link to give the source credit or for members to read more. Thank you.
_ _S I G_ _

Topic Author
USMC69

Apprentice (Level III)
Likes given: 4
Likes received: 2

Posting Badges

Post by USMC69 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Understood. Sorry about that.

No amount of statistics or facts will sway either side in the gun control debate, because they are all looking for simple solutions to complex problems.

The facts of those complex problems are uncomfortable and nobody really wants to come to grips with them.

For example, we don’t really have a single America with a moderately high rate of gun deaths.

Instead, we have two Americas, one of which has very high rates of gun ownership but very low murder rates, very comparable to the rest of the First World democracies such as those in western & northern Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, South Korea. The other America has much lower rates of gun ownership but much, much higher murder rates, akin to violent third world countries.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-26/two-americas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic