Deputy who was adopted uses DNA to discover brother — who's also a cop

Feed from PoliceOne. Discuss any topic you like here.
Forum Information
You will earn 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

**Registered members may reply to any topic in this forum**

Topic Author
NHGF [Feed]

FeedBot

Posting Badges

Post by NHGF [Feed] » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:04 pm

By Joe Mario Pedersen Orlando Sentinel ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — An Orange County Sheriff’s deputy met his half brother, a Boynton Beach Police officer, for the first time in July after taking an ancestry test, according to the Boynton Beach Police Department. Officer Eric Reynolds took a 23andMe test and expected only to find out about his family and health history. He never expected to find a half brother, especially not one who is also a law enforcement officer - Sgt. David Stull. Stull reached out to Reynolds by sending a message: “Good morning, my name is David Stull. According to 23andMe, we are half-brothers. I was adopted as an infant and have very little knowledge of my family history, so I have no way of knowing the validity of this.” BROTHERS IN BLUE: Two Florida police officers find out that they are long lost brothers thanks to a DNA test! Officer Eric Reynolds and Sgt. David Stull share their heartwarming story.https://t.co/FlHvPhgkT6 — Fox & Friends First (@FoxFriendsFirst) August 7, 2019 The two met on July 20 and were surprised to find their similarities in career choices as well as facial features. "It was like meeting a clone of me,” Reynolds said. “It was overwhelming and exciting and bit of sadness at the same time. We’ve been texting all the time. We’re alike in so many ways. I have someone I can talk to, trust as brothers and cops. It feels great.” ©2019 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)