Make or Model

Discuss antique/relic firearms, historic firearms and collections here.
Forum Information
You will earn 3 pts. per new topic and 1.5 pts. per new post (reply) in this forum.

Topic Author
ARMARIN

Journeyman (Level II)
Gun: Colt detective speci
Likes given: 3
Likes received: 11

Posting Badges

Post by ARMARIN » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:32 am

Make or Model

Just like a car, the make or model of the firearm you purchase is a determining factor on how much it is actually worth. A Winchester or Colt firearm is most likely going to be valued higher than similar style antique guns. This is mainly due to historic relevance and brand name appeal. Winchester and Colt made many firearms that are now considered antique guns and their names are famous in the collecting community. Some gun enthusiasts prefer to have one or two makes or models of firearms, but you can build your firearm collection anyway you choose. You can specify what kinds of guns you like by era, war, or even country. Find a gun you think is interesting or unique and start out by collecting one or two of that variety. This will give you a focus to start your collection off and you can continue to buy more from there.

https://youtu.be/Q7AmeV1zD5A

Regards
ARMARIN

IF YOU SHOOT IN THE DARK USE A MACHINE GUN
Read ==>

jimg11

Journeyman (Level II)
Likes given: 10
Likes received: 7

Posting Badges

Post by jimg11 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:10 pm

The name antique keeps being longer in the past according to the BATF (1898) I prefer VINTAGE Fire arms which are models that are no longer made. My Remington 141 made in 1937 is a good example. The slide / pump action and the .35 Remington makes a nice deer gun that is so precisely made that can be taken down into 2 pieces. I have put modern sights on mine but have all the parts to bring it back to original. I do not think that I would want to fire a per 1898 Antique.

Added in 12 minutes 32 seconds later:
Another example is a revolver that left the S&W factory in January 1917 is this Heavy Frame Target (22/32) in 22 long rifle. It was made before we got into WW1.

Added in 9 minutes 22 seconds later:
This Smith & Wesson model 1 1/2 32S&W caliber revolver is considered to be an antique by the BATF as it left Smith & Wesson in July 1887,

Firearms Safety is No Accident. Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic